Becoming a Voice-Over takes talent, dedication, and a lot of hard work. There is no quick road to a successful career as a VO. It’s not easy and it’s not for everybody. We will both know if and when you’re ready to create your demo, by following the tested method for success that follows.
Initial 90-minute session explores:
- Your fit within the various genres of VO
– Long form narration
– Audio books and more
- Earning potential and marketability
– Do you have something marketable?
– Can you take direction?
– Are there regional dialect or accent issues?
– Does it sound like you’re reading?
All scheduled weekly sessions are a full hour
- Practice scripts will be provided.
- Homework scripts assigned to be recorded at home
– Recordings emailed back to Antland Productions will be critiqued
– Homework results may also be discussed at our next session
- Coaching sessions can be used for:
– Voice-over coaching
– Studio recording software training
– Post-production audio training
– Audition direction and recording
Once we both agree that you are nearing the skill and confidence level needed to do VO on your own, we will start collecting, writing and editing scripts personalized for YOUR demo(s). Your demo will be unique and not “cookie cutter.”
Demo Recording Session
During this (approximately) 90-minute session, you will be directed through the recording process, making sure that your performance stands out, and your personality comes through. Some editing may take place during this time to ensure the highest level of continuity.
Demo Post-Production (unsupervised)
Average turnaround time is two weeks after recording session
- Music is selected and added to your voice-over take
- Sound effects added to create “real” spots
- Final mixing of segments
- Sequencing and mastering of your demo(s)
- You will receive:
– Two CDs for mastering/duplication/archiving
– An mp3 of each demo for uploading and emailing